(WARNING: No naked chicks below.)
– Boxing: Manny Pacquiao fights Shane Mosley this Saturday on Showtime PPV. I’d laugh so hard if Shane won. Maybe that’s the only way to get Mayweather to come out of retirement. If he sees Manny lose to Mosley, he can come back and beat on Mosley’s old ass again, or finally step into the ring with what he’d see as an inferior Manny.
– Rainbow-colored shit: Literally: (Discovery)
(It starts at ~1:10.)
– Apps, and I don’t mean poppers: According to Gizmodo, here’s every iPhone app, Android app, and iPad app you must own. The only application listed for all three is HBO Go, which lets you watch movies and all episodes of their TV shows for free (if you’re already a subscriber). (Gizmodo)
– They are watching you: So your iPhone records every cell phone tower it has ever pinged. A little creepy. You can go to this site to download their free software that displays that data for you. All cool-like. (Core77)
– “Super-civilizations”: This guy’s theory sounds so sci-fi stonerish to me. Or a lot like actual science-fiction books I’ve read. Anyway, since the universe has been around for billions upon billions of years (allegedly, if you’re religious), there’s a chance there are civilizations that have evolved for billions of years. And since they are so evolved, they would obviously harness blackholes for their power source. Here’s a cool space picture that comes with the article:
I don’t even know what that is.
And really, who doesn’t laugh at this line: “Having mastered control over space-time, a super-civilization might want to fabricate their own black holes for a variety of tasks: waste disposal, starship propulsion, hyper-computing, maybe even time travel.” If I started to say that to you in making a point, how far before you stopped me? (Discovery)
– Is grass-fed beef a performance enhancer? Possibly. At least athletes think so. (CNBC)
– Don’t want to offend the squirrel bloc: Please stop using “wildlife” and start using “free-living”, as calling animals “wild” insults them. For reals. It was in a published academic journal. Animals shouldn’t be called pets either, and us humans are the “human carers” of our “companion animals”. Eat a dick, academics. This is why no one wants to listen to you. (Wooten)
– Walk faster: We walk slower today than when they originally planned crosswalk signs. 3.5 feet of ground per second today versus 4 feet of ground per second in the 1950s. Fucking fatties. (Carpe Diem)
– Sticky chair: This is a chair made out of candy: (Core77)
– The eye: Bunk knows the guy that drew these eyes: (Bunk)
– Jell-O: Anytime I think of Jell-O, I think of Bill Cosby. Anytime I think of Bill Cosby, I think of Eddie Murphy impersonating Bill Cosby telling Eddie that he “could NOT… say fuck… in front of people.” And then I think of Eddie recalling that Richard Pryor told him that “next time that motherfucker calls, tell him I said to have a Coke, and a smile, and shut the fuck up.” And here’s some Jell-O dropping in slow motion: (Gizmodo)
– The Marks Financial Update:
- MDH – Harter was at his highest on 4/20. (Ugh, that’d be funnier if this were high school.) He did hit a two-week high of $2.92 on April 20th, then came down to $2.63 on the 27th. He finished the month at an easy $2.85.
- MFL – The turnaround that started on April 13th continued, as Mark Lee finish April at $13. Coincidence?? Yes. Get excited for the summer, Mr. Lee. Investors are.
- MAB – Not sure what to make of Bunk’s chart, as he just kinda moved along. He closed out April at $12.59, down from his April 15th close of $12.62.
For those wondering which Mark has the best performance year-to-date… take a guess… it’s Harter:
Bunk in last place, Mark Lee in second.
– bin Laden’s dead: “Osama bin Laden? Why don’t they call him Osama bin HIDING.” Thanks, Dave Chappelle. That’s all I thought about today. “I got warrants!“