– Boxing: On Saturday, Timothy Bradley (26-0, KO 11, WBO Champion) takes on Devon Alexander (21-0, KO 13, WBC Champion) to unify the WBO and the WBC junior welterweight belts (140lbs). This match is a lot bigger than you think it is. Here are some of the previous ten boxers to hold the WBC title: Roger Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya, Kostya Tzyu, Arturo Gatti, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Timothy Bradley. Bradley was stripped of the WBC belt “less than a month after unfying” the WBO and the WBC in 2009, for failure to agree to fight the number one contender at the time, Devon Alexander (bwaaaaa!). If this shit was going on in the heavyweight division, two American boxers fighting for the crown, e’ruhbuddy would know about it. Alas, it’s two “boxers” (not fighters) fighting in the Silverdome (yes, it still exists) in Detroit (yes, it still exists) on HBO. (Technically, the fight is really in Pontiac, Michigan, if you need driving directions.)
– Got Verizon? Want the iPhone? Here’s “Everything You Need to Know About the Verizon iPhone and Making the Switch“. Also, does everyone think AT&T is fucked? From the article, here’s what it might cost you to switch:
At most, a $325 Early Termination Fee (ETF); at the minimum, something around $50, if you’re perhaps a month away from the finish. You can figure it out more precisely using Wolfram Alpha’s iPhone ETF calculator. Then there’s the $199 cost of buying a new iPhone which, while significantly reduced from the full unit price, is still no shake-off.
I dunno. Sounds like a whole… thing. Probably won’t be as bad as people think for AT&T. Now getting cable and a cellphone plan cheaper if packaged together from Verizon (with the RedZone Channel, obvi)? That could sway me. (Gizmodo)
– Almost there: Let’s round up some seashells, because apparently they are being used to work on an invisibility cloak. (Institute of Nanotechnology)
– Is this the Super Bowl forecast? Buchi is probably already taking over/under bets on this one: (Brosnan)
– Muralo working on this? Touch-sensitive wall paint. Touch it, and the lights go on. I mean, go ahead and use it if you want to use inferior paint. I’ll wait for Muralo’s version. (Core77)
– Big knockers: Not tits, but a backyard pool game that was supposed to debut last year in California. Never heard of it: (The Daily What)
– Big Knockers: Yes tits. Pornstar Sexy Cora died on January 20th after her sixth breast enlargement surgery. RIP: (CBS)
– T-Bell: I love Taco Bell. There, I said it. Anyway, someone in Alabama is suing the fast food chain because Taco Bell calls the stuff in their tacos beef. According to the USDA, even “meat taco filling” should have at least 40% meat. T-Hell? 36% meat (allegedly). (Gizmodo)
– Self-sufficient: Want to make everything yourself? Even a microwave? Someone tried, and failed: (Carpe Diem)
– He who smelt it gets stabbed in the motherfucking face: A man in Bristol, CT, stabbed four people (one fatally) after they made fun of his farts. What a dick. (Wooten)
– When’s the best time to buy shit? Here’s a link to an infographic that explains which months are best for buying shit you may or may not need. February is best for tools, chocolate (after Valentine’s Day), and digital cameras. (The World’s Best Ever)
– Ice: If you are in a warm climate and want to know what northerners are going through this winter, here’s some shots of ice by Gizmodo’s readers. Like this one: (Gizmodo)
– Fucking Florida: Five teenagers burglarized a home, stealing electronics and normal shit, but also ashes of the victim’s father and two Great Danes. These geniuses then snorted the ashes, thinking them to be drugs. Fortunately, the cops have recovered “most” of the remains. (The Smoking Gun)
– Yup, this is my father: My dad’s a little pumped this week because the shit-transplant article he forwarded me, and I subsequently posted on this site a month ago, is starting to get picked up by real news sites. Reuters interviewed the best shit-transplant doctor in the world, and then TIME and Fox News both picked it up. So when you end up watching “Fecal Matters: How a pooh transplant is saving lives” on 60 Minutes, please think of the Blakes. (Yup, when you think of shit, think of us… fuck, I need a better editor.)
– Penny on The Wire: My mom completed season one of The Wire last week (last I heard she was already four episodes into season 2) and absolutely loved what she saw. I asked for her favorite character, she named three (The Bunk, Lester, and Omar), but no complete favorite (when I asked her to confirm this, she then named Daniels and Avon as well). I asked for her favorite scene and she named The Bunk burning his clothes, D’Angelo explaining chess, “hey Mr. Nugget … I’m gonna write my clowny ass name on this big ass check for you”, and McNulty and The Bunk’s scene of “fuck”. And that’s The Wire for you.
– Too many words: This post needs more tits: (Fuck Yeah Brazilian Girls)
Probably needs ass for good measure:
And my mom wonders why I can’t keep a girlfriend. This site cannot be helping.
One response to “Weekly Update.”
The T-Bell posting should have been about the Big East’s 2nd All-Time Leading Scorer.