(WARNING: No editing below. Ha, you thought I’d say no naked chicks.)
– Everyone should care about this: It’s a ready-to-mix cocktail. You mix it by drinking it. Yes, that’s what I said:
What you are looking (salivating?) at is basically two bottles spiraled together, meeting at the opening. You pour, or drink, and it mixes in your cup, or mouth. (Core77)
– Wanna be an astronaut? Who doesn’t? But if you have wider hands, then your fingernails may fall off. That’s right, your fucking fingernail will detach itself from you while you’re in your space suit. Apparently the glove puts pressure on the joint where your palm and fingers meet, and the wider your hands are, the more likely blood is getting cut off to your fingers. Repeat the cutoff, restore, cutoff cycle, and the skin under your fingernails gets fucked up, then goodbye nails. (Boing Boing)
– Wilma and Wilbur Wildcat: Zona beat Iowa 34-27 on Saturday (and for that we are ranked the highest we’ve been in 12 years), so in celebration my mom asked if we could get some pics of the Wildcats’ mascots. Wilbur was first used in 1959 and then married Wilma when she was created in 1986. Here’s Wilma:
And here’s Wilbur:
– Ode to Hipsters: Some bloke in England made a video called “Being a Dickhead’s Cool”. We got elevators, they got lifts; we got hipsters, they got dickheads: (The World’s Best Ever)
– Hook your computer up to your TV wirelessly: Bucheri, and I’m sure some others, have been trying to find a way to easily connect their computer to their TV. This Veebeam seems to do the trick ($139 for the HD compatible one). (Gizmodo)
– Water “blade” disarms bombs: Instead of blowing up IEDs, the military is using this product, they call it Stingray, that slices the bomb with water. (Discovery)
– Dutch Oven Tub: Would you jump into this if I called it my hot tub?
It is a hot tub, not a witch’s pot for cooking little children. Dan Cohen, from Gear Diary, explains how it works without an electric outlet here. (Ben)
– Metal pencil: Technically not a pencil nor a pen, it’s just a metallic writing device. You can “sharpen” it by using sandpaper, if you don’t like it’s thickness. It’s supposed to be good for lefties because it doesn’t smear or get ink on your hand (the bane of many lefties). Oh, and it’s got a cool look. (Wired)
– Don’t like Google Instant? Here’s how to turn it off. Don’t know what Google Instant is? Go to Google.com and start searching. See how it starts displaying results before you’re done? If it didn’t, stop searching for “sluts” and try something else (yes I am saying “slut” doesn’t work for Instant). (Gizmodo)
– Addictive ads from Japan: There are plenty more here, but I especially liked the imagery in this one: (Pink Tentacle)
– I’m a better decision maker than you: Well, maybe not better, but definitely quicker, all because I play video games where I shoot people in the face. You know what else video games helped me with? Trap shooting. Your boy was a solid 20 for 25 on his last round (started off 9/25, then 18/25, 16/25 before the final). And if you’ve never shot a gun before, go exercise your right to bear arms and shoot the shit out of shit. It is the most inexplicable fun you’ll ever have. (Discovery)
– Ants be crazy: Circling and shit: (The Daily What)
– Pressure sensitive nanowire skin: This means that robots will be able to “feel” you. The scientists from Cal are calling it “e-skin” so you can get what they are talking about. Kind of. (Institute of Nanotechnology)
– The Marks’ Financial Update:
- MAB – Bunk had a sweet flat-line at $15 from September 9th to September 15th, broke out of it on the 16th to hit $15.37, but couldn’t keep that momentum heading into his bday weekend, closing at $15.20. And since I’m writing this as a I keep an eye on the Moonti league, I’ll give you a spoiler and tell you Bunk gained 9 cents on Monday, investors are liking what he did this weekend. (And I’m not talking about taking a dump while watching Redzone… OK, maybe I am.)
- MDH – Harter’s taking a breather, it seems, after his earlier collapse this year from $3.78 on April 29th to $1.75 on June 29th, and just rode out a flat $2.50 for most of the week, closing at $2.47, which was higher than his $2.45 on September 3rd.
- MFL – Mark Lee was the best performer (barely) these past two weeks by opening up at $14.66, taking most of the time to get down to $14.61, then bouncing right back up to close at $14.78. He starts his life anew in C-Town, and with a Moonti W, this week. So far, so good.
– Before I go: This is the 42nd “official” Weekly Update. And you should know that 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.