– Boxing: Floyd Mayweather had some rather choice words to say to Manny Pacquiao: (ESPN)
“As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain’t worried about that. So they ain’t gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don’t want you all to jump on my dick. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. … Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that mother fucker make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice.”
– Unequal pay among genders: Are you a “single, childless [woman] between [the] ages [of] 22 and 30” living in a metropolitan area? Congratulations! You make, on average, 8% more than your male peers. Hopefully you live in Atlanta where you get paid 121% more than your male co-workers. “But Blake,” you reply, “we all know that that gap disappears over time.” Well, yes and no. Yes if you just take the population and compare, but a big fat awww-hellll-naw when you “control for all of the important variables that contribute to wage differentials (age, marital status, having children, etc.), i.e. impose ceteris paribus conditions, there is no evidence of gender discrimination, and either there is no statistically significant wage gap, or now there’s a wage gap in favor of women.” (Emphasis added). Snap. As a side note, not only do men get fucked via salary, but about 13 men die for every 1 woman on the job (also as a sider note, the recession saved 874 lives in 2009). (Carpe Diem)
– Treme’s soundtrack avaiable 9/28: The only good thing about HBO’s Treme was the music. I lie, there were other good things, but in the end the music was the number one reason I’d give to watch the show… and there was no number two. Soundtrack looks good. (Ces)
– Wii sex: Got a Nintendo Wii? Then that probably means you have kids, or you are a kid and probably most likely shouldn’t be reading this site yet, but whatever. Anyway, want to have a little more adult fun with your Wii? Then the people at Mojowijo have the hook up: (Tosh.0 Blog)
– Earl was a bitch: That dot in the clouds in the middle of the picture below was Earl:
All I saw from Earl was some decent waves and great weather. Love how flipped out people get about hurricanes though, so thanks for making the drive down the shore on Friday night that much easier. (PopSci)
– Time lapse aurora: This is what a time lapse of an aurora looks like, from space:
There are more time lapses from space in this Gizmodo article. (Gizmodo)
– Cee-Lo: “Fuck You” is the name of this new single from Cee-Lo of the Goodie Mob, though you most likely know him from Gnarls Barkley. The video is great, and definitely not safe for work since he says “fuck you!” (and “fuck her too!”) a bunch: (Wooten)
– Atrium House: Doubt I could live in a house as open and minimal as this, but I know some people reading this will sweat the shit out of this house: (Gizmodo)
– Ash vinyls: Love music? Love records? Why not cremate yourself (when you die, not now) and have your ashes made into a record? “What are you listening to?” “My dad.” “Oh, he was a musician?” “No, he’s this record.” “Yeah, I have… things. To do.” (PopSci)
– Tweet of the week: I know, it’s been awhile, but really anytime you have a “___ of the week” it’s always a bitch to find something actually worthy to print. So what ends up happening is you have some mediocre choices and everything suffers. That’s why I stay away from a recurring, weekly theme like a “picture of the week” or shit like that. I don’t like to force things (that’s not what she said). Still, every now and then a tweet comes in that needs to be passed along. This is one of them, and it comes from porn star Alexis Ford. She has a question for the guys:
“Where is ur fav place to drop ur load on a girl?? I love it either deep in my pussy or facial!”
– Speaking of whores: These sex boxes are so prostitutes can have a little more privacy with their customers in Switzerland: (The World’s Best Ever)
– Beverages under the microscope: “Researchers” at Florida State University took alcoholic beverages under a microscope and magnified them 1000 times. The results are cool and can be bought as art from Bevshots. This is what a Black Russian looks like: (Heidi)
– Speaking of drunks: We had a fantasy football draft/bachelor party in Atlantic City on Saturday. Here’s Beetlejuice of Howard Stern fame (along with yours truly, our friend Juan, and Dominick the Midget hovering in the background):
Beetle is the one drinking the Bud Light.
But this one is, selfishly, my favorite pic of the weekend:
Whatever the fuck this 40-year-old stripper is saying to me, I ain’t buying. And yes, ladies, I was the only one to talk to, touch, dance, or overall communicate with the stripper. All your men were well behaved, I was not. Except if my mom asks, then I don’t know what you’re talking about. (And yes, I know there are many questions on this one. Like “why are her tits tied off?” and “is that a $1 hanging from her cleavage?” and even “so why are you in the bathroom for this?” Answers: her idea, yes, and why wouldn’t I be?)
– Fantasy football season: So here’s a preemptive apology to anyone who has to hear someone talk about their fantasy football team. This is more for any co-workers, roommates, or significant others out there. Even though we all say we don’t care about other people’s fantasy football teams or leagues, we still all fucking talk about them. We know it sucks, but deal with it.
– The Marks’ Financial Update:
- MFL – The only Mark to be down this period, and considering this was the lead up to the Moonti Fantasy Football Draft, I’d say investors don’t think he set himself up for fantasy success. Perhaps they think the wedding planning and the move to C-Town “for a bit” will soak up too much of his time. He continued his slide down from the previous period, hitting $14.52 on August 26th, crawled up to $14.71 on the 30th, but ended down at $14.66, which is below his August 22nd close of $14.75.
- MAB – One of the few times when Bunk shows us his roller-coaster abilities. Dude shot up to $15.43 on August 27th (from $15.07 on the 22nd), came right back down to $15.05 on the 31st, but closed out after a slight rise to $15.30. Bunk’s also got the wedding planning stuff going on, and I think investors need a little more time to decide how it will affect him.
- MDH – My man dropped 16% (and if I wanted to be a dick and round up, 17%) in 3 days then said “fuck you, and uh, fuck her too” and went up to $2.44 (that’s 26%, and I’m not rounding up), looked around and thought it was good up thurr and “stamped it” at $2.45.
– Happy Labor Day: I knew Labor Day’s creation was due to unions, so I felt like searching “union workers” on Google to see what images I could find. It isn’t until the end of page 3 that you see an actual worker working, mainly it’s just strikes and political cartoons about strikes. Then I put in “labor workers” and got this one:
And with that, have a great day.