(WARNING: No naked chicks below, kinda)
– Boxing: HBO is replaying Mayweather’s domination over Shane Mosley before the Williams/Cintron fight.
- Paul Williams “won” a split decision over Kermit Cintron Saturday night after Cintron fell out of the ring in the 4th round. Because California is such a shitty state, their rules force fights to go to the scorecards once the fourth round has started. In most states you go to the scorecard after four rounds. Cintron wanted to continue, too, but the doctor’s told him he couldn’t. He was not happy about that.
- This coming Saturday Amir Khan fights Paulie Malignaggi in NYC, with Victor Ortiz versus Nate Campbell on the undercard. I like Paulie as a person (he has some great quotes in his career) but he’s like a poor man’s Mayweather. He only has 5 KO’s and his fights are typically boring.
– Gigapan of Dubai: 4,250 images strung together so you can zoom all the way in and still have a clear shot. (Gizmodo)
– FSU won’t wear white helmets: Which is a shame because I kinda liked the look. Apparently die hard hicks, I mean die hard FSU fans were pretty pissed about the thought of wearing white helmets. (Uni Watch)
– How did this even feel good? Some British chick shoved a Donny Osmond poster up her punany. I’ve sat here for maybe 10 minutes trying to come up with something funny, but honestly? I think the fact that this chick fucked a poster is enough. (Heidi)
– Only Ben will get this: CosaNostra Pizza t-shirt: (By “get” I mean understand.) (Boing Boing)
– Fuck global warming: The US is the most energy-efficient economy in the history of the world. (Carpe Diem)
– Did they use sharks? Scientists have designed lasers that could create clouds. (New Scientist)
– No more oil spills? Scientists are creating tiny organisms that “will sweat ethanol and diesel fuels.” (PopSci)
– Software learns what your friends’ faces look like: Then fixes your terrible photos so they aren’t blurry. (New Scientist)
– How fast is Google Chrome: Apparently “lightning fast”: (Ben)
– Laser-guided exploding bullets: You know, for when those pesky terrorists are hiding behind cover, just have your bullet explode at a predetermined distance so shrapnel fucks ’em up. (Geekologie)
– Coors Light needs to stop: Also, how Wooten didn’t know/tell me about this is fucked up. He’s supposed to be all up on packaging and containing. Anyway, Coors Light introduced a window on their packaging so you can see if the beers are in fact “cold”. I put cold in quotes because according to Woobag, Coors can set that blue activation bullshit to whatever temperature they want: (Gizmodo)
– Mythbusters: You can knock someone’s socks off, you just need to hit them with 10,000 times the amount of force of a professional boxer. We also found out that two cars colliding at 50 mph is equivalent to one car hitting a wall at 50 mph. But here’s a car hitting a wall at 100 mph, you know, for science.
– A keyhole for drunks: Ever scratch your keyhole while trying to enter your apartment/house? Well then, this specially designed keyhole is for you: (Geekologie)
– Here, let’s piss off my liberal friends: From Bureaucracy by Ludwig von Mises in 1944: (Carpe Diem)
“The champions of socialism call themselves progressives, but they recommend a system which is characterized by rigid observance of routine and by a resistance to every kind of improvement. They call themselves liberals, but they are intent upon abolishing liberty. They call themselves democrats, but they yearn for dictatorship. They call themselves revolutionaries, but they want to make the government omnipotent. They promise the blessings of the Garden of Eden, but they plan to transform the world into a gigantic post office. Every man but a subordinate clerk in a bureau. What an alluring utopia! What a noble cause to fight!
Against all this frenzy of agitation there is but one weapon available: reason. Just common sense is needed to prevent man from falling prey to illusory fantasies and empty catchwords.”
– Table saw that won’t cut off your finger: It uses the same technology as a touch-lamp: (Dad)
– Ana de la Reguera: She’ll join the cast of Eastbound and Down for season 2, which is supposed to take place in Mexico. Whatever:
– Twitter update: Blake has 37 followers (even). No mentions because Demner hasn’t figured that much out yet, and addressing me as “Chatty” doesn’t count.
– Tweet of the week: This one comes from JETSuperVillain aka TrademarkDa$kydiver, who works/hangs out/raps with Curren$y. Both Curren$y and Trademark love to talk about getting high, which can lead to some good tweets:
“smoke and watch tru-tv it will change your life lol”
– What you missed: Grandma Blake, Part II. Last week I told you that she broke 8 ribs on one side and 6 on the other, this was incorrect. She broke 11 ribs on one side and 3 on the other. My dad and I paid her a visit on Saturday and she is doing great. The only thing that was bumming her out was the realization that she wouldn’t be driving, possibly ever again. Her friend had said to her “don’t worry, Joy, I’ll get in a car with you again!” To which Grandma replied, “are you crazy? I wouldn’t get in a car with me ever again.”
– What I missed: Bumping tunes in the car. Because I live in the city, or The City, I don’t have a need for a car. Because I don’t have a need for a car, I miss those times when you get to just blast music and cruise along. McCarthy reminded me of that pleasure on Friday night on our way back from the NJ Beer Co. brewery (beer is tasty, by the way). Mac has a much better sound system than I ever had, so it was pure joy to bump Outkast and Biggie and Bootcamp Clik, among others, while sitting in traffic heading into the city. Or The City. The city of dreams. The Big Apple. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.